- Duration65 min
Work or To Whom Does The World Belong observes a mining community through the prism of ethno-fiction, as it negotiates the decline of the same industry that enabled its emergence. A long period of deindustrialisation affecting the whole region gives way to a decaying landscape of pit-heads and slag heaps.
A housing estate once more becomes a battlefield as strikers and police clash. After the failure of the last strike, workers are faced between the choice of action or apathy.
- Director(s): Elisa Cepedal
- Producer(s): Marta Fernandez Crestelo, Daniel Chaytor
- Country: Spain, United Kingdom
- Language: Spanish, English, German
- Premiere status: International Premiere