- Duration65 min
The film brings into focus Kazakhstan’s search for a post-Soviet identity and a state-sponsored programme of cultural production that, on the one hand connects back to the ancient folklore and belief systems of the Silk Road, while on the other, seeks to embrace the values of Western capitalism.
On A Clear Day You Can See The Revolution From Here provides a meditative faux-observational film about the continual process of construction involved in nationhood and national identity.
- Director(s): Emma Charles, Ben Evans James
- Producer(s): Emma Charles, Ben Evans James
- Country: United Kingdom, Kazakhstan
- Language: Kazakh, Russian, English
- Premiere status: UK Premiere